Experienced Retail Shop Assistants Wanted
Ongoing Casual Roles Available in Manly
Are you interested in working with customers coming from all over the world? Bits of Australia, an Australian made gift retailer, is looking for experienced Shop Assistant to join our team in our brand new location in Manly.
The activities are varied and will involve different combinations of the duties outlined below each day. The candidate will bring energy and enthusiasm to the workplace and a focus on outstanding customer service, helped by a supportive team.
The role is not desk bound and 90% or more of your time will be spent on your feet. This includes some manual lifting to move incoming stock and organising or re-organising stock in our shop.
The business currently operates 7 days a week with extended hours during peak shopping seasons.
- Delivering great customer experiences in a very active environment, face to face, on the phone and on email, and being invigorated by frequent personal interaction
- Providing advice and guidance to customers on product selection and driving sales
- Gift wrapping products
- Promoting the Bits of Australia customer rewards program, enrolling customers and assisting manage their points balances and redemptions
- Achieving Art sales of our range of original Aboriginal artworks
- Maintaining knowledge of our product range including new products as they are introduced
- Processing customer orders face to face via card and cash payments
- Maximising the shop space to demonstrate the Bits of Australia products to their full potential in line with the brand and sales goals
- Opening and closing the shop, being capable of managing the shop alone and with your small team, being responsible for general safety and security during shifts
- Maintaining a clean and engaging showroom for our customers
- Communicating effectively and in a timely manner with customers or the broader team about products, order requirements or delivery information
- Gift wrapping and gift box preparation
Stock and inventory
- Stock control
- Receiving stock deliveries, counting and confirming receipt and undertaking quality assurance
- Utilising and updating POS, Stock Management and other relevant systems
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 2 years retail and management experience,
- Strong professional work ethic, with high standards of personal presentation, punctuality and reliability
- A good team player, with an ability to communicate clearly and effectively at all levels
- Proven customer service skills and a dedication to customer service excellence
- Well-organised and consistent in following company processes and procedures
- Have strong problem-solving skills
- Able to prioritise and adapt.
- Be energetic and proactive, able to stay motivated and work independently
- High attention to detail and quality
- Works well under pressure, within strict deadlines and short notice.
- Understanding of the gift industry and Bits of Australia products
- Comfortable with technology and computers with the ability to use new and varied systems
- Ongoing Casual role with hours ranging from 20 to 40 hours per week depending on availability and business requirements
- Shifts are on Monday to Saturdays between the hours of 8.30 and 17.30 and on Sundays between 9:30 and 16:00
- The ideal candidates will be available for at least 3 shifts per week
If you feel this role suits your experience and personality, then apply today!
Drop us an email with some information about yourself and a pdf copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
We wish to advise only short-listed candidates will be contacted.