Work With Us
Business Hours Currently Monday to Saturday 8.30am - 6pm
- Admin Super Star (Great with numbers, data entry, managing multiple email inboxes)
- Office Assistant (Would suit a high school student - supporting mixed activities across the business)
- Retail Assistant
Bits of Australia is a small but growing online retailer of Australian made and hand crafted gifts and souvenirs. We operate in the fast-changing world of modern retail and we also design, commission and make some of our own products.
It was an exciting achievement to celebrate our 5 year online anniversary in April and we are now growing our team in Balmain, Sydney where we operate our combined online operations and physical retail store.
We love that we provide our customers with a great range of locally produced items and support such a large community of Australian makers. Our brand and approach is modern, fun, challenging and not traditional.
We are looking for people to join our team with a can-do attitude to really make the most of the growth and community spirit Bits of Australia has to offer.
These are roles that will involve both online and physical gift retailing activities. You will have a wide scope of tasks and important responsibilities that we will rely on you for. At times you will work by yourself and other times with a fun team that likes to laugh while working hard. There will be extremely busy periods and quieter times where it will be important to prepare and learn from the other more intense hours. Then there is the feel good factor of the lovely feedback we get from customers!
We want people to join our team who are motivated and excited to help grow our small business and deliver a great customer experience for our customers every time. These are active roles and involve long lists of activities!
We are looking for people who have excellent communication and organisation skills - accuracy, close attention to detail and an ability to follow procedures are a key requirement. Not to mention, personable, friendly and passionate about what we are doing, with a can-do attitude and willingness to learn and keep pace with an ever changing environment that occurs with omni channel retailing.
These are mixed and varied roles where you will be assisting customers and different members of the team including but not limited to:
- Greet customers and help with sales, product and delivery queries (face to face, on the phone and on email)
- Process customer orders, online and face to face
- Maintain a clean store and back office environment
- Pick customer orders & pack to presentation standards, including gift wrapping & gift boxes
- Maintain price labelling, store signage and replenish the sales floor stock according to directions and visual standards
- Put away inventory as required and support stock takes
- Stay informed by maintaining product knowledge, access available training and seek out required information
- Prepare products, packaging and production materials
- Support back office administrative and marketing functions for example uploading new products, entering invoices, adjusting product photos, entering barcodes or scheduling social media posts
- Understand and follow health and safety, quality and customer process requirements.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- High School and University students are encouraged to apply
- Strong demonstrable work ethic
- High standards of personal presentation, punctuality and reliability
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively on the phone, by email and face-to-face
- Customer service skills and a dedication to customer service excellence
- Be able to work in a team environment as well as individually
- Energetic and proactive, able to stay motivated while working independently
- Strong organisational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritise and adapt
- Detail oriented with ability to follow set procedures
- Work well under pressure, within strict deadlines and short notice
- Comfortable with technology and computers with the ability to use new and varied systems
- Minimum Year 10
Ongoing casual roles with hours ranging from 8 hours to 24 hours per week subject to availability, experience and business requirements. Shifts lengths will vary from 3 hours up to 8 hours.
If you feel this role suits your experience and personality, then apply today! We wish to advise only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Australian Citizen or Permanent Residents only.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV (pdf preferred) with a short bio and your availability.
We ask that you do not follow up applications over the phone as we like to keep our phone lines available to our customers.