Top Tips: New Year's Resolutions January 10 2016
The start of a new year is a good time for planning and preparation - to set a new direction and some goals for the coming year.
If one of your resolutions is purchase more Australian made goods and services - you're in the right place. One of our goals is to be a champion for all Aussie businesses and designers - bigger and better than we did in 2015!
Whether your new year resolutions are about travel, health and relaxation, finances or relationships, we've got a great range of Bits to help set your 2016 plans in motion...
Here's our top five tips for making and keeping resolutions:
- Be realistic - don't be afraid to dream big and reach for the stars, but keep your feet planted firmly on the ground and make sure your resolutions are achievable.
- Create a plan - anything worthwhile takes a effort, so make sure you know how you'll get to your end goal. Break big goals down into smaller actions or stages.
- Set a deadline - having a timeframe in which to complete a task or reach a goal provides a sense of urgency and will help avoid distractions and procrastination.
- Be accountable - share your objectives with friends or family members and ask them to check in regularly to help keep you on track.
- Be kind to yourself - Rome wasn't built in a day and some of us move a little slower or faster. Go at your own pace, and remember to relax and enjoy each moment of 2016!