Escape Winter - Australian travel essentials with gifts & tips July 20 2016
Are you feeling the winter blues? With six weeks still to go before Spring arrives, sunny days are a distant memory and getting out of bed in the morning can be a struggle.
Luckily, Australia has many tropical travel destinations in our own backyard and right on our doorstep. You can stay local by travelling to warmer locations like Broome in Western Australia, Cairns in Queensland or Darwin in the Northern Territory. Or you can head overseas and visit neighbouring islands of Bali, Fiji or Thailand...
Before you make your escape though, pick up some of our fun Australian made travel essentials - like our Aussie animals luggage tags to help identify your suitcase easily. Our printed cosmetic bags and laundry bags will help keep everything organised and you never know when you'll need an extra foldable tote bag to carry all your shopping!
Did you know: you can be turned away from the airport if your Australian passport is damaged or torn? Pick up one of our Australian animals passport holders to keep your passport safe and make sure this doesn't happen to you!
If you're heading overseas, don't forget your pen - and make sure you read and fill out the arrival cards carefully and correctly to avoid unnecessary delays getting in and out of busy airports:
Here's 5 quick tips for a smooth and worry-free journey this winter:
- Prepare the Essentials - like your passport, tickets, booking confirmations and credit cards. A travel wallet or document holder is a great way to keep everything safely in one spot.
- Visas & Passports - find out if you need to organise a visa for the country you are visiting before you leave, and make sure that your passport is valid for at least 6 months from the date of travel.
- Check in Online - save time and avoid those lengthy check in lines. Most airlines offer online check-in, 24 hours leading up to your departure.
- Inflight Entertainment - think about and prepare for how you'll spend your time on the plane. You might want to pick up a good book, download the inflight entertainment or bring your own pillow to snooze on.
- Be Early - leave yourself plenty of time and allow for unexpected things like bad traffic and weather, human error or even system malfunctions.
You can also get our top 5 packing tips here.
Finally, if you're going to visit family and friends as part of your winter escape, don't forget to pick up some of our fun and unique Australian made gifts and souvenirs too.
Now you're all set - enjoy your travels and the sunshine!