Escape the Aussie Winter (Part 1) July 13 2015
The temperature has well and truly dropped here in Melbourne and the Aussie winter has really kicked in. It's around this time of year that many Aussies head overseas, chasing the warmth of the Northern hemisphere summer. Do you have an escape plan this winter?
As seasoned travelers, we know the journey is just as important as the final destination, and being properly prepared for the trip as well as your holiday is the secret of any savvy traveler!
We have a great range of travel accessories that will make embarking on and enjoying your next adventure easy and memorable - passport holders, luggage tags, cosmetic bags, travel kits, tote bags, travel journals and much more...
But before you rush online to buy your holiday must haves, have a read of our our top five packing tips:
- Write lists of any essential items like toiletries and medication, as well as any known destinations or occasions to help plan and prepare your outfits and accessories
- Choose outfits that can be mix and matched to give you multiple options. Use your list and remember you’ll probably be in your swimmers soaking up the sun most of the time
- Pack 3 pairs of shoes – sandals or flip flops, runners or sandshoes and a pair of dress shoes for nights out. Europe has some of the best shoes we’ve seen, so you can buy a great pair once there (like you need an excuse to shop right?!)
- Choose easy care fabrics - items that are easy to wash and dry, and don’t need ironing or dry cleaning are best. You want to spend as much time exploring that secret beach location
- Pack light - remember you can probably buy any essential items at the airport or your destination and you want to leave room for your shopping and souvenirs
If you're visiting friends and family while overseas, don't forget to stock up on great Australian made gifts and souvenirs - you can even get them delivered directly to an overseas address and save room in your suitcase. Our International flat rate is just $15!
Happy holidays and stay warm!